About the Course
Successfully managing risk is a fundamental requirement for any effective business. In financial services it is a critical component. Part of the responsibility for the credit crisis is widely attributed to a poor understanding of risk.
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) Risk in Financial Services qualification is a comprehensive global introduction to all the major risk areas in financial services. It provides
a sound grounding in the principles of the risk management framework and corporate governance and risk oversight. It covers specific techniques used in identifying, reducing and managing operational risk, credit risk, market risk, investment risk, liquidity risk and model risk.
The objective of the examination is to ensure that candidates have a broad understanding of the general principles of risk in business, the key risks that arise within the financial services industry, the influence of corporate governance, regulation and codes of conduct, and the approaches that are typically used to identify, reduce and manage specific aspects of risk.
Who should attend | Target Audience
This qualification is aimed at risk teams, compliance teams, branch management, corporate lawyers, finance officers, senior managers of all disciplines and existing and aspiring non-executive directors.
- Covers all key risks in financial services - operational, credit, market, investment and liquidity
- Globally portable - addresses international issues, reflecting the needs of a worldwide market
- Addresses techniques used to identify, reduce and manage specific aspects of risk
- Free CISI student membership - become associated with a chartered professional body and take advantage of an extensive range of benefits
- Flexible study options - take it as a stand-alone qualification or combined with other units to achieve the full Certificate in Risk in Financial Services or Investment Operations Certificate (IOC)
- ACSI designatory letters
- Principles of Risk Management
- International Risk Regulation Operational Risk
- Credit Risk
- Market Risk
- Investment Risk
- Liquidity Risk
- Corporate Governance and Risk Oversight
- Model Risk
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Karim Mansour founded Tadawul Academy in 2014 and saw it grow to be a leading training provider for CISI and investment-focused programmes in the GCC. An established finance professional, Karim has a track record of delivering training in the UAE, Qatar and West Africa (Sierra Leone and Liberia) in three languages: English, Arabic and Krio.
Karim founded the Banker Middle East Intelligence Unit as part of his CFO function at CPI Financial. He also authored the esteemed BME 100 annual analytical publication for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014.