About the Course
The International Introduction to Securities and Investment (IISI) qualiﬁcation meets the needs of new entrants to the investment industry. It focuses on international markets and provides a global overview of all areas of investment.
IISI is a globally recognized qualiﬁcation, oﬀered by the UK based Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI) which is one of the largest professional bodies within the international securities and investment industry. The course can be either taken stand-alone or as the introductory unit of the broader Investment Operations Certiﬁcate (IOC) program.
Who should attend | Target Audience
- Fresh graduates or ﬁnal year students looking to enter the investment industry
- New employees in brokerage, ﬁnancial planning, investment advisory, wealth management and asset management industry
- Also ideally suited to form part of an induction program taken by all new employees in the investment industry
Key Beneﬁts | IISI
- Global recognition
- Requires no previous skills or qualiﬁcations
- Overview of all areas of investments (with international focus)
- Demonstrates to clients a high level of competence amongst staﬀ
- Test centers available across the world
- Exam can be taken any time of the year
- Earn Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours
- Free CISI Student membership
Quick facts about IISI
- One of the foundation level courses oﬀeredby Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Recommended study time: 80 hours
- 50 Multiple choice questions
- Computer based exam of 1 hour
- Pass marks: 70%
- Pass rate: 58%
- IISI study material and e-learning portal provided by CISI upon registration for the exam
- Test centers around the world (including Dubai and Abu Dhabi)
- The Financial Services Industry
- Economic Environment
- Financial Assets and Markets
- Investment Funds
- Financial Services Regulation
- Other Financial Products
Karim Mansour founded Tadawul Academy in 2014 and saw it grow to be a leading training provider for CISI and investment-focused programmes in the GCC. An established finance professional, Karim has a track record of delivering training in the UAE, Qatar and West Africa (Sierra Leone and Liberia) in three languages: English, Arabic and Krio.
Karim founded the Banker Middle East Intelligence Unit as part of his CFO function at CPI Financial. He also authored the esteemed BME 100 annual analytical publication for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014.