About the Course
The Investment Foundations Program is a certificate program designed to give you a clear understanding of the investment management industry. Whether you’re just starting a career in financial services or want to learn essential industry concepts, the Investment Foundations Program offers an accessible solution for br
Who should attend | Target Audience
The program is designed for all professional disciplines outside of investment roles, including IT, operations, accounting, administration, and marketing. There is no education or experience requirement and the exam can be taken at your convenience at available test centers around the world.
Key Benefits | ICWIM
- Clarity: Benefit from having a common understanding of industry structure and terminology, regardless of your job function or geographic location.
- Collaboration: Work more effectively with global colleagues by understanding industry functions, building stronger relationships and raising your professional competence.
- Confidence: Gain the knowledge to identify issues and the confidence to speak up. Get a better sense of your role and how you connect with the complex global industry at large.
What you will learn
- The macro-economic context of investment advice and planning Industry Regulation
- The main asset classes; characteristics and applications Collective Statements
- The main investment products; characteristics and applications
- Identification, measurement and assessment of investment risks and returns
- Portfolio planning, construction, review and maintenance
- Provision of investment advice including the ability to analyze clients’ circumstances and apply suitable investment product recommendations to meet client-led objectives
The course consists of 20 chapters, organized into seven modules.
MODULE 1: INDUSTRY OVERVIEW
- CHAPTER 1 The Investment Industry: A Top-Down View
MODULE 2: ETHICS AND REGULATION
- CHAPTER 2 Ethics and Investment Professionalism
- CHAPTER 3 Regulation
MODULE 3: INPUTS AND TOOLS
- CHAPTER 4 Microeconomics
- CHAPTER 5 Macroeconomics
- CHAPTER 6 Economics of International Trade
- CHAPTER 7 Financial Statements
- CHAPTER 8 Quantitative Concepts
MODULE 4: INVESTMENT INSTRUMENTS
- CHAPTER 9 Debt Securities
- CHAPTER 10 Equity Securities
- CHAPTER 11 Derivatives
- CHAPTER 12 Alternative Investments
MODULE 5: INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- CHAPTER 13 Structure of the Investment Industry
- CHAPTER 14 Investment Vehicles
- CHAPTER 15 The Functioning of Financial Markets
MODULE 6: SERVING CLIENT NEEDS
- CHAPTER 16 Investors and Their Needs
- CHAPTER 17 Investment Management
MODULE 7: INDUSTRY CONTROLS
- CHAPTER 18 Risk Management
- CHAPTER 19 Performance Evaluation
- CHAPTER 20 Investment Industry Documentation
Karim Mansour founded Tadawul Academy in 2014 and saw it grow to be a leading training provider for CISI and investment-focused programmes in the GCC. An established finance professional, Karim has a track record of delivering training in the UAE, Qatar and West Africa (Sierra Leone and Liberia) in three languages: English, Arabic and Krio.
Karim founded the Banker Middle East Intelligence Unit as part of his CFO function at CPI Financial. He also authored the esteemed BME 100 annual analytical publication for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014.